The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

My machine had started its program and suddenly made a loud

My machine had started its program and suddenly made a loud noise; violently jerked back and forward and stopped. There's a slight odd smell as well. I tried to alter the balance by removing something heavy but it made no difference. It was and is not overloaded. It worked fine for a load this morning. I can't switch it on to read the diagnostic display because it does the same noisy jumping about.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 5 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

Customer:

Hi David - What do you think?

The Famous Forry :

This sounds like your module has failed.This isa PCB electronic card that controls motor speeds. It allows the motor to run smoothly and build up speeds at a controlled rate. When these fail the machine can jump violently as the motor goes into fast speed in an instant causing the noise and violent lumping around. Have you tried it withno clothes in it?

Customer:

No but could do now it's had time to calm down. Should I try now and get back to you?

The Famous Forry :

I am in Midlands . I do not suppose your anywhere near?

Customer:

No, unelss you fly to York

The Famous Forry :

Yes that will be great. The jumping around will not be anywhere near as severe with no clothes in. Thanks will look out for your findings. Xmas Greetings to you. My sister lives just outside York in a town called Easingwold

Customer:

Know it well. Good market. Will have a go and get back. Will I keep this messaging open to make sure I get you?

Customer:

Right. Empty of washing. Had eight false starts with timer display working normally. Then drained water; timer display dropped to 44 then 1 and 0. Tried once more and just got false starts and a sort of soft bang each time. Now it just shows 0 but no diagnostic code

The Famous Forry :

OK sorry i was late replying, Daughter in Labour and just will not have this little baby Boy! This sounds quite serious and expensive. I can get prices of new parts once confirmed or I can tell you where to get New Machine if need ed

Customer:

My word! Go and enjoy your grandadding! Thankyou so much for your help. I'll find a local chap and take it from there.

Customer:

Every good wish for this and for Christmas and the New Year.

The Famous Forry :

Thanks