The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

Our refrigerator is not keeping cold. model ksrb27fhs04 serial

Our refrigerator is not keeping cold. model ksrb27fhs04 serial # XXXXX manufact 3/2001, the freezer part is working fine. Also door on refrigerator side dosen't close well.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

It is very important that the door closes well and seals tightly ! Is this not happening when you close your fridge door?

Customer:

I'm over 50yo and fullly understand that door needs to be closed for a refrigerator unit of any kind to function. However now even with the door fully closed the refrigerator half does not get very cold, half and half for the coffee goes bad more quickly, etc. The fridge is 10 yrs old, what is the life span? Does the refrigerator cooling system fail in these units after what amount of time?

Customer:

Also the door closing function, the suction action of the door actually wanting to close tightly has become very whimpy for the past 6 months or so, is that normal wear and tear? Does the door seal have to be replaced after 10 years? Also sometime during the last year the light fixture in the lower back, above the 2 crisper, meat drawers pulled out of the refrig liner, leaving it non functional and hanging, hence a break in the plastic liner. You can see a little insulation in the wall. Last night i duck taped the fixture back into the hole to seal it up again. Do you think that damage would compromise the frig remaining cold? Thanks for your expertise.

The Famous Forry :

Hi again and good day to you Sir

The Famous Forry :

The refrigerant gas escapes and is a big cause of the fridge compartment not cooling efficiently. To correct this you would need a Re-Gas and they do not come cheap. I would personally recomend buying a new refrigerator/Freezer. Estimated cost to put right I would say around $170

The Famous Forry :

sometimes when re-gassed the gas slowly esapes over time and then your faced with the same problem. It is essential to find the smallest of leaks and this does not come cheap as it is time consuming and equipment is expensive. Definately recomend new myself

Customer:

ok, Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX i feared. Thank you for your time.

The Famous Forry :

The door seals do perish over time and may well be suited to changing but this is adding more expense and you may end up throwing good money after bad here

The Famous Forry :

*****Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS from David.*****

Customer:

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX to you too.

The Famous Forry :

Thanks .Customer/p>