william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

Re: Maytag Stacking Washer/Dryer Combo. Dryer Model LSE9904ADE

Re: Maytag Stacking Washer/Dryer Combo. Dryer Model LSE9904ADE Washer Model ?
Microprocessor control board 6-3091280 Dac #00N00510001

Washer Problem--- Re; Wash Option control -- washer fills with water then stops. The wash cycle will not start until you manually change the Pause setting from 10 to 9 or 8. The washer will run through cycle until it hits spin. Then if you change Pause from 6 to 5, it will start spinning and finish the complete cycle. In other words, the machine will not run through the complete wash cycle automatically.
What happens when you dont use the pause setting at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The wash cycle will not start until you start it manually as described . It will not start with the pause setting on 10.
I understand this but why are you using the pause setting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Because that is the only way the wash cycle will start after it fills with water. I am refering to the Wash Option Control.

Ok either way it sounds like the pressure switch this is what activates the wash cycle when its filled up. You will need to pop the top on the washer you do this by taking a putty knife and sticking it into the top where the top meets the cabinet where the slit is at go about 2 inches in from the sides and push in the putty knife to release the top do this to both sides then lift up, then you will see this pressure switch it will have a little hose going to it plus you will see some wires going to it thats the pressure switch hand on and i will get a picture for you.

graphic

This is the pressure switch.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So then what? does the pressure switch need replacing, what is the part number, and can i do it myself?
Yes it does i gave you the instructions on how to change this and you can do this yourself if you want to if you dont feel comfortable that you can then you could always ge a tech. I will find you one online give me a minute please.

If you go here its number 6 on the diagram its pretty expensive and also there are alot of parts on this unit that are dis-continued.

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=109769&ModelNum=lse9904ade&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=1&Selected=35561&Position=2&mfg=Maytag&Type=&Mark=2

Please press the accept button this is how im paid for helping you today. Thank-you