william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

Kenmore Elite washer F-28 error code?

Kenmore Elite washer F-28 error code?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

Please hang on for a minute i will look this up for you. Thanks.

Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

This is a bad fault code F28 error is a communication error between the two control boards, or between one of those controls and another component of the washer. The checks for an F28 error code are lengthy and labor intensive. Seasoned laundry techs often have a hard time with the diagnosis process, and frequently become frustrated due to the level of difficulty. I do recommend calling for a service technicain to come and check these 2 control boards out so he can determine which board is bad. Sometimes it could be a loose wire between the boards you can possibly check these wires out yourself just to be sure if you wanted to, if you do please unplug washer before doing anything.

If you are satisfied with my answer please press the accept button. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I understand that the F28 error is a communication between the motor controls and central, but where are they and how can I replace them.

Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.
You want to replace them both without knowing which one is bad?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want to order them, have them and fix once. I do not want to break down the machine test connections and then order one. I would much rather have both on hand and then return what is not needed.
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.
Ok give me a minute please? Thanks
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

Ok if you take off the back access panel and if your looking at it it will be on your left hand lower side near the bottom thats for one of them at the other is located in on the right hand side after you take off the top. You will be spending almost $400.00 for the both of them. Do you need help in finding them online?

Please press the accept button if you are satisfied, thanks.