servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.

how do i remove the basket from a maytag bravos MvWB700

Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 4 years ago.
Hey i will help you. You need to insert a flatblade screwdriver inbetween the top panel and the front panel and push the clips in and the top will raise up. Once the top raises up unsnap the plastic assembly around the top of the tub and if you already have the center piece out and the bolt out the tub will come out by lifting up. Be careful not to get cut on the outside of the tub it can be sharp. Hope this helps and please remember to click accept. Thanks David
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still need help - I don't want to remove the whole tub. I just need to remove the basket piece. I need to get to some coins beneath the basket. Is it possible to remove the basket from the top?
What i just told you to do is to remove the inner basket assembly. This is not the whole tub. The outer tub will stay in the washer and the basket will come out. Besides doing this the only other thing you can do is to remove the lower inner wash plate by removing the center bolt.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, you've been a big help!!!