servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.

I had a power outage at my house that flipped the breaker to

I had a power outage at my house that flipped the breaker to were my microwave was pluged in. Now that I have reset the breaker the microwave will not work. There is power to the unit and the display lights up with everything. There is nothing on the display that shows a fault or error. My units part number is XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 4 years ago.
Hey i will help you. Once you had the power outage it has damaged the control board on the microwave. This control board is expensive. If you have tried resetting the power again and the display just lights up and will not let you set the clock or anything you will need to replace the control board. The part number for the control board is #8172054 and retails for around 195 dollars. You can probably replace the whole microwave for what this part alone cost. If you want to order the part you can order it from Hope this helps and please remember to click accept. Thanks David