The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

Is anyone available to help me out with a Samsung DMT 300 series

Is anyone available to help me out with a Samsung DMT 300 series dish washer. The dishwasher does not fully drain. The delicate light is flashing indicating a drainage problem so I checked the lines and all are clear. It seems to me that the pump does not work in the drain cycle. I was thinking that is not getting a signal to engage during the drain cycle because it seems to work to push water during the wash cycle. Please let me know if anyone has any insight.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 2 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry' Your dishwasher has 2 pumps basically. The main pump is the bigger motorised pump and is known as the Circulation pump. This is the pump that fires the water through the spray arms to clean your dishes. The other pump is purely to discharge the used water after the dishes have been washed and then again after the rinsing. This is the pump that may be not working if your gettng water left in the dishwasher. Often a small pieces of broken crockery can block/jam the impellor right inside the pump itself so therefore you need to get inside the pump to see this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That pump is working as well. I checked it. I even stuck something down there while it was draining and felt the impeller spinning. It's weird, the water that is in the small drain whole will get pumped out but the water surrounding the "bowl" does not get forced into it. That is why i'm assuming the main pump is not getting a signal, unless i'm mistaken. When I took the cover covering the drain inside the dishwasher off I saw a white "wheel" which I assume is the impeller that forces water up during the wash cycle. I though that served to force water into the drain chanels as well. That does not spin but should it?
Where did you stick something down when it was draining? The impeller should spin,YES but only when the dishes are being washed. That is the CIRCULATION pump, NOT the drain pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a lower nozzle inside the dishwasher. When you remove that along with the assembly below it you see the small hole or port where the water is sucked out. I stuck a flexible piece of material in that pore and felt the impeller spinning. Also, there is another visible impeller (a white wheel) that does not spin. Is that supposed to spin durring draining? It would seem that it spins during washing because I can hear the water circulating during a wash cycle. So I'm assuming that it it working ok its just not getting a signal to pump during draining. Would that be a correct assumption? Does it serve a dual purpose? Can I fix this or should I call a tecnichian? If so do you have an idea what this will cost to fix?
The impeller inside the dishwasher your looking at is not the pump impeller, that is the circulation pump impeller
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry but I did not see your full response initially. I should tell you that as long as water is in that small port water will get pumped out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you allowed to call me? If you can I will give you my e-mail address for you to reply to and i will send my # XXXXX that or I can call you.
07813047557dAVID tHE fAMOUS fORRY
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If that was a # XXXXX did not work. If you want you may call me @(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Where are you located please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
New York.
I will opt out and leave you some one more local you can talk to perhaps. Best of luck regards XXXXX XXXXX Greetings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok.

Thank you for your time.

Your always welcome.
Experience: I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you still get paid if you opt out?