servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.

I have a Bosch model # XXXXX dishwasher. It is leaving

I have a Bosch model # XXXXX dishwasher. It is leaving a residue on the dishes. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 4 years ago.
Hey i will help you. The first thing you need to check is what kind of soap you are using. DO NOT USE GEL DETERGENT IN A BOSCH DISHWASHER. It cannot dissolve like powder can and can build up and cause washability problems . It can also cause problems with the pump assembly. You should only use powder soap or the finish brand tablets . I recommend the finish quatium tablets. If you are using the right kind of soap the next thing to check is the spray arms. Look at the spray arms and make sure all the holes are clear and not blocked with stuff. Sometimes food or seeds or buildup will block these holes and the dishwasher cannot wash good with these blocked. You need to also check the filter in the bottom of the dishwasher and remove it and clean it out . Check these things and reply back to me on here if you have any more questions. Please remember to click accept. Thanks David