servicegeek
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.
47503688

When I press the "set-up on/off" button on my Maytag model

When I press the "set-up on/off" button on my Maytag model JGS8750BDS, nothing happens. I'm trying to set the clock. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 5 years ago.
Hey i will help you. Do any of the other buttons not work when you press them? Reply back to me on here. Thanks David
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing happens when I push the "More Options" and "Clean" buttons either. The rest of the buttons seem to work fine.
Ok what you have is a bad touchpad assembly. You will need to replace this part so the buttons will work. The part number is #W10206074 it retails for around $260 dollars. You can order it from marcone.com. Hope this helps and please remember to click accept. Thanks David
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the answer. Is this something that I can install myself, or do I need to bring in a professional? I am a novice, but I can use a screwdriver pretty well.
There are just a few screws under the control panel and 1 on each side and it will come off and you just mount the switches and board to the new part . I would say you can do this. I think all you need is a screwdriver and a 1/4 inch nut driver. Hope this helps and please remember to click accept. Thanks David