The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

We have a HP4271BP Pyrolytic Oven. After a power outage we

Customer Question

We have a HP4271BP Pyrolytic Oven. After a power outage we noticed that the cooling fan doesn't turn off and the oven won't heat up. I believe that it might have gone into Demo Mode. How do we switch it back if this is the case?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi,when a power outage or power surge the control board is one of the first to go out

Customer:

When we came back from our holiday I noticed that some of the fuses had tripped. All but the Spa circuit went back on OK.

gst85 :

did you get an error ?

Customer:

We noticed that the fan on the oven wouldn't go off. This evening we tried to cook something and the oven wouldn't heat up. The light works, the clock works and can be adjusted it does everything other than heat up. There is no error message

gst85 :

a shortage is most likely the cause on the control board

Customer:

The cook top works OK and shares the same power supply. I am certain that the oven has gone into Demo mode. How do we turn Demo mode off?

gst85 :

i have no info on that,i will option out so that another expert can better assist you.

Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 2 years ago.
Hi from David, 'The Famous Forry'
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, have you been given the information given to gst85

I have just read the post.

Often this fault of the fan staying on and no heat is Element failure.

Are you able to do a continuity test on your element?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like we need to get a Miele Service agent out. Thanks for your assistance
OK Thankyou for your reply and best of luck with getting your appliance repaired. I would be very interested in knowing the outcome if you would be so kind as to let me know, Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX Wishes to you and your family from David 'The Famous Forry' and all at Just Answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do
Take Care.
Experience: I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.