Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

Error code E1 F9 on maytag series 2000 washer

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

This error code indicates that drain times are longer than expected.

Is the drain hose kinked or clogged?

Make sure the drain hose is not kinked or clogged. Straighten the hose for adequate water flow. Remove any blockage from the drain hose, drainpipe or utility sink. Use the U-shaped drain hose form on the drain hose, and secure the drain hose. See the Installation Instructions for details; find them by entering your model number in the search tool below.

Is the drain hose extended into the drainpipe father than 4.5" (113 mm)?

Use the U-shaped drain hose form on the drain hose. Check that only 4.5" (113 mm) of drain hose is in the drain pipe. Secure the drain hose. Do not tape over the drain opening. See the Installation Instructions for details.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Is the end of the drain hose more than 96" (244 cm) above the floor?

The drainpipe (standpipe) height requirements are 96" (244 cm) maximum and 39" (99 cm) minimum. Your washer will not be able to adequately pump the water out of the washer if the drainpipe (standpipe) exceeds 96" (244 cm). In this case, the water may flow back into the washer. See the Installation Instructions for details.

Are you using HE High Efficiency detergent?

Use only HE High Efficiency detergent. Using non-HE detergent, or more than the manufacturer's recommended amount of detergent, can cause excessive suds. The excess suds will slow or stop the removal of water from the washer.

Concentrated detergents labeled 2x and higher will require a small amount of detergent based on load size. Always follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hose is not kinked we are using correct dtergent

drain hose is correct?

Ok if that is ok check the drain filter by removing the lower front panel. The lower front panel is held on with 3 screws on the bottom. You will see a white twist cap behind it. Untwist the cap. The cap is a filter for the drain pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
clear water came out
The only other part that will cause this is a bad pressure switch. How old is this washer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is 1 1/2 years old we use it about once a week
Remove the top panel and make sure the small black hose in the back right corner doesn't have a hole in it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had the cover off earlier checking that hose for kinks and holes, I have water in tub also
If there is water in the tub it should have all cam out when you untwisted the cap. Did it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I put the cap back on after it started flood laundry room, it did run for about 20 seconds
Ok you need to remove the cap all the way and see if any thing is stuck in the pump and preventing the pump from turning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I removed the cap and drained the water.
Ok if the water drained out the pump is either clogged or is bad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do I take the pu8mp out?
yes you can. Then unscrew the motor from the housing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
pump out and looks ok
you can plug the washer in and turn it to drain spin and see if the pump spins.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It works
Blow down the drain hoses. If you can blow air through it it should work.