SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a DACOR electric stove top. They consist of 3 separate

Customer Question

I have a DACOR electric stove top. They consist of 3 separate enclosed double burners. Each unit has 1 top that doesn't work. Electricity is flowing to each unit, but only 1 part works. Can this be fixed or can I buy new units? Thank you. Anne Fedus
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 5 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. This can be fixed. You would need a multimeter voltage tester and a comfort level with electricty to determine if it's the element, socket or switch that is bad on each burner but both parts are fairly cheap. If you are capable and can give you based instructions on how to test each. Let me know how I can assist further. Thanks, Sam

Customer:

Hi Sam, My Husband tested the elements and they are okay. However, he's leery of testing the sockets because of the voltage. The switches are in an enclosed unit. How would he get to them? Thank you. Anne

The sockets can be tested with the breaker turned off and that's very safe. The way to test the switch is to see if there is voltage getting to the socket, which would require the power on. You can test the socket with the power off by testing ohms from the front(wire) to the back (plug) of each side of each socket. Odds are the sockets are bad as they tend to fail more.