Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I purchased a whirlpool gold fridge in may. The ice maker

I purchased a whirlpool gold fridge in may. The ice maker is on but is not producing ice? What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you take a look and see what position the fingers are in on the ice maker? are they had a position like 10 o'clock 11 o'clock 12 o'clock and so on? can you let me know what position they're in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mu model # XXXXX XXXXX - I cannot see th fingers. the Icemaker is on the cieling of the inside of the fridge. It empties into an inside compartment on the door. I opened th flap and don't see any fingers. I gently put my hand to try to feel for them, but I don't feel them either...
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Because you are not able to feel the fingers their most likely stuck in the down position which means the ice maker has failed, you should be able feel the fingers and they should be around two o'clock position if they're not the ice maker is bad you will need to replace it, you can order it at the following link, click here , thanks and best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This fridge is new? There is nothing I can do to reset it? It was working fine yesterday.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
The fridge is brand-new? There is no reset on this, it's not uncommon for these to fail even though it's new and since this is under warranty you don't want to start playing with it they could void the warranty if you play with it all, my recommendation is to call for service as soon as possible, as long as the water is connected and it was working yesterday it's definitely the icemaker has an issue, I really hope this helps, thanks, Bryan