Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i h.ave a kenmore gas range. just replaced burner tube/ and

i h.ave a kenmore gas range. just replaced burner tube/ and ingniter. stove temp does not
hold temp. takes a while to lite. model no 362'75889891

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

So this actually pre-heats up to the right temperature is that correct? But then doesn't relight to keep it that temperature? Can you see the igniter coming back on trying to light it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes the does light. but will not hold temp.
Okay so you say you tap the safety valve and it re lights? If so then yes I believe your safety valve is bad and sticking, from what you're saying to me I gather the igniter is coming back on to relight it but it's not opening and since you replace the igniter and burner tube that can't be the issue as long as the igniter is coming back on to relight it then everything else is fine so yes I would say the gas valve is bad, be careful if you replaced this yourself however make sure there are no leaks or call a professional to do it for you I can be dangerous if you don't get these installed correctly, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if i set it in four hundred somtimes it will stop at lets say 200 when i tap the safty valve

it starts to climb. to 400 but does not seem to want to hold that temp

Okay so when you The valve it re lites is that correct? If so you need to replace the valve. Obviously the valve is not opening when it's supposed to when the igniter is on, I would replace the valve and you should be all set, thanks, Bryan