Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my kitchen aid built-in side by side 42 inches refrigerator

my kitchen aid built-in side by side 42 inches refrigerator model kssc42qms00 is making a 3 beeps every 5 minutes and the temperature on the control panel remain flashing, and the over temeprature rest light is flashing continuously. Is this a control panel problem? or something else. It is cold, but does not seem to be cold enough.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you check the inside of the freezer the back wall behind the food is there any Frost on that panel at all? look real good, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry for the late reply, I was not in the house for a few days, it is a house I just bought, I just got back in to check and there is no frost on the back panel of the freezer. The refrigerator is empty, and has been on for 3 days, but still not cold inside, and the panel is making 3 beeps every 5 to 10 minutes with the over temp reset light flashing, and the reading is 70 F. It started with 65 F when I turned it on.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay this means your inverter board is bad, or your electronic control has failed, this can be difficult to see which one it is however and the inverter is usually the inverter is usually in the back of the refrigerator with the compressor is, the control board is also located in the back, these are very expensive parts well at least the inverter is the control board is only $59 but the inverters almost $200, unless you are really adept at testing with a voltmeter I would suggest at this point having a technician come out and make sure which part is bad, I don't really like to give that for an answer but you would have to pull a refrigerator away from the wall or out of the cubbyhole it's in and remove the back panel near the compressor and test for voltage to these boards, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.