Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Frigidaire FWFB 9200 ES that is displaying "LOC ERR".

I have a Frigidaire FWFB 9200 ES that is displaying "LOC ERR". The last load was not ending the spin cycle so I pressed cancel and then cancel again. The load didn't stop so I pressed and held the cancel button. The "LOC ERR" showed up at this time but the door unlocked and I was able to empty the load.

When I attempted to do a new load, I turned the knob to "Normal" cycle and the display showed "LOC ERR".

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

This is all too common problem on these machines, your door lock has failed, you will need to order and replace this if you click the following link it will take you to a you can order the part and also has a video to show you how to replace it, clcik here

this part runs around $70.00, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When this error is received what percent of the time is it the door lock or is it only the lock failing that can give this error? Replacing the door lock appears rather straight forward from the video.
The error is about 95% the door lock when this happens, we have to replace a lot of these door locks so we know, what happens is inside the lock there are different contacts and there is a solenoid that unlocks the door saloon the door gets locked and doesn't open that is definitely the problem. LOC ERR is the code for lock error, thanks and best wishes for a happy holiday