Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Kenmore powermiser hot water tank will heat the water to

My Kenmore powermiser hot water tank will heat the water to a set temp. However after using hot water for awhile it quickly turns cold and takes time to reheat. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have the full model # ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model #NNN-NN-NNNN
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay this model has the electronic control ? On the top?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No electronic control. Top & Bottom thermostats on the side, both manually adjusted.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, the thermostats or your problem they have the little screwdriver had type dial on them, you will need to replace them, most likely it's just the top one but these are not a lot of money and they sell them at any Lowe's or Home Depot just make note of where the wires go shut the power off of course remove the thermostats and bring them with you they will get you the ones you need, most hardware stores also carry these that's the reason why it's not keeping temperature if this heats up at all then the elements are good but the thermostats are not sensing the temperature and turn the elements on until it cools off so far that it takes forever for it to heat back up again, I would just replace them both because if one was bad the other one is getting weak and is gonna fail anyway whatever we do these we replace both, thanks and happy holidays, Bryan