Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire Gallery front load washing machine that

I have a Frigidaire Gallery front load washing machine that is leaking. Model #NGST127ASO. I have the front and top panel removed and have stopped the machine in mid washing cycle. There is an opening in the plastic housing and can see soapy water between the outside of the metal tub and the plastic housing. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is the soapy water coming out between with the two tubs meet the front in the back part of the tub,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The water is splashing out of the opening at the top that I can see into.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you ask me something else?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
No I'm sorry it just takes a few seconds or sometimes a few minutes to get your reply, so the water is coming out of the tub but the top?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay let me take a look at the part itself, is where you can see into the machine a hole perfectly round like something was in it before like a plug or something like that? I have to take a look at tub itself, let me know in the meantime
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought this hole was intentionally part of the casting. I didn't realize that the plastic casing is supposed to be water tight. Apparently the metal tub inside must have come loose during the last spin cycle and hit the plastic casing so hard from the inside that it punched a hole in it. I just found the piece of casing lying in the bottom of the washer.
This doesn't sound good.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
oh wow, thats not good, it means two things, one the rear bearing is shot, but that comes with the rear tub assembly, you will need to replace this its $213.00 at the following link , click here hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.