Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag dryer model PYE2300AYW that turns on and heats

I have a Maytag dryer model PYE2300AYW that turns on and heats but does not spin. Can I fix this on my own? If so, how?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Yes you absolutely can fix this yourself, you have a broken belt, in fact I have a link that will take you to a you can order the belt and there is also a video to show you how to replace it, click here

this video is great it shows you how to take the machine apart and replace the belt you can also get the belt at the same link for around $11.00 thanks and very best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I follow the video's instructions the front side of my dryer does not look like the one in the video. I think I need to go in from the back. Attached is a picture. Do I need to open up the back?graphic
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry I had a computer lock up on me, the me take a look at the diagrams and I'll get back to you in a few minutes, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Know you do not go into the back on this one actually have to reach in and put the belt around the Pulley from the front his a diagram you can see the belt is number five, it has to go around Pulley number seven and then around the motor pulley, you have to do this by feel mostly because you can't see it really it's hard to see, was the belt broke and when you get this open?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Doing this by feell should be interesting to try! Wink Yeah, the belt was laying in the back of the dryer when I opened it up. Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
LOL, yeah I know it's tough to do by feel it might help you though if you just pulled drum out and take a look at how the idler pulley in motor pulley are aligned, once you see how they align you will see that you will have to pull the idler pulley back towards the right side slide the belt around the motor pulley and then make sure the belt lines up with the idler pulley as you release the idler pulley you can feel it, unfortunately that's how we do a catalyst up set up but there's no access in the back I don't believe that pulley assembly, on some of the older Maytag's fees to have an access door in the back so you can attach the belt to the back but on your machine the back as one piece I'm not sure if this has a smaller panel you can remove to see the belt assembly but I don't believe there is I didn't see one on the diagrams so unfortunately have to do it the way I said reaching through the front, I hope I've been of some help though, happy holidays and thank you, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.