Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Whirlpool with sixth sense, apparently gets stuck in final

Whirlpool with sixth sense, apparently gets stuck in final spin cycle until manually stopping. Spin cycle appears a bit slower, and clothes come out wet. No apparent standing water in tub. Unit is about 3 years old.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you recheck your model number? I can't seem to get this to come up. Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm helping a friend...where should the model number be found?

If you open the lid and look straight back there will be a model number tag in the middle, try there
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No other ID info on tag other than 230-240v, 50hz, 2300w. BTW...this machine is in Europe...if this makes any difference... ;-)
Yes it could make a difference on where the model number is XXXXX a European model, are you getting any error codes on this one it stops and won't really spin correctly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Everything seems to work fine...proceeding through the cycles...but gets stuck in final spin cycle with 10 minutes to go...and she has to manually stop machine which will run for hours. Clothes come out wet, and spin cycle appears to be somewhat slower than usual. She remembers seeing an error code come up one time...but not always...and doesn't remember what it said.

Okay the issue is with the drain pump, when these do not drain correctly they will not spin and they will get stuck at the very end of the cycle with about 10 min. left, you will need to replace your drain pump this is very common on these machines, if you do that the machine will run fine, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Bryan,

Is this something that a handy homeowner can fix themselves? Is there a link to a fix for this?

Yes you can do this yourself, however I am not able to get to the pump part number you will have to call a local supplier or look it up on line when you get the correct model number, these are he on the back of the washer and remove the back panel I believe in your model, it should be on the left side there are two pumps one circulation pump and one drain pump the drain pump is on the left side, very easy to get to so you should be able to do this yourself, thanks, Bryan