Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

how can i get the soap dish to be removed it wont come out

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you get us the full model number? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
wm 2277 hw
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Are you pushing down on the little tab on the left side of the dispenser so you can slide this out all the way? The left side blue part of this picture has a little push down tab it's on the right of the blue part and part of the blue part you need to push that down with the finger to slide this out, or are you saying this will not open at all so you could put detergent in ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thats not the model we have ours just slides in and out very easily until now i am pulling very hard and it wont come out
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
According to the model number you gave me that is your dispenser, does your dispenser front look like this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes more like that one our washer is 5 years old
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
that is the same dispenser that I showed the top view of, the shows have the blue inserts like the one I showed you above? It may have slid out before but that little tab might be catching now and you will probably have to push it down, let me know if you have the little blue inserts like shown in the picture above, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i see the blue on in the inside we cant slide the door in and out to get to the blue dispensers its the front door that will not slide in or out
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay so this is actually caught red the beginning and you can't get the slide out of all that was going on? Or can you open it far enough to put the soap in? I'm just trying to get a feel of what's going on with this so stick with me and will try to get through this as quickly as possible.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i cant open it at all to get the soap in
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, it's definitely jammed up, something is either broken inside and is caught or one of the soap dishes may be lifted up and is caught, which you will probably have to do is remove the top of the machine to get to the dispenser assembly and remove the whole assembly so you can get at whatever is getting caught, you will need to remove the screws in the back holding that top-down and slide it back and then up and off, then you will be able to get at the dispenser assembly, some of these you can take the top of the dispenser while it's still in the machine there are clips on each side try not to break them release the top and see if you can see what's catching and not allowing you open this. Let me know when you get the top off, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok got the top off then i unclipped the door it slide out but when i snapped the clips back down the door again wont open
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay it has something to do with that top-down on the dispenser itself it must be getting caught, if you take the top off will it slide in and out with no problem at all? I know you can't leave it off but it does want to see if you have to order the dispenser drawer assembly. Let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i cant get it off there is a medal bar that is tucked under if i leave it unsnapped it works
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay I know which are you talking about it goes across the top of the washer. So if you leave the top unsnapped it works? The problem with that is if you leave it like that it's going to leak water when it fills so you will probably have to replaced the dispenser drawer assembly, do you want me to get to that part number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sure thanks problem is not sure if its the drawer or the other part
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay hold on, I'll look that up for you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Here is a link to the part you need, it's only $29 , click here thanks and best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.