Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

how do I clean out a clog in LG dishwasher LDF6920ST which

Customer Question

how do I clean out a clog in LG dishwasher LDF6920ST which is 4 weeks old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 2 years ago.
Welcome..Please remember if i reply to you with a answer, your replies to me are free of charge there after.Once satisfied Please accept...Do you still have standing water inside at the bottom of the dishwasher..?..WHen you run the washer can you hear the drain pump running..?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes standing water...hear pump running and a little water is coming out of the hose. Had tecnician hear earlier today and he said it is a clog not covered under warrenty
Well not necessarily..Could be a weak pump..Remove the hose from drain under the sink..Put the hose into a bucket...See if it will drain..If this is what you have already completed ..Then what you will need to do is remove the complete washer from the cabinet..This unit is one of the most difficult to work on..Most you can access from he front underneath..LG you cannot...First remove the water inside the washer..Best way is to use a shop vac..Once the water is removed..Pull the washer out..Then lay it on its back...This will give you access to the pump all together...Then check the pump for any blockage..If non..Then call LG and let them know the pump is faulty.

Please accept my answer for my time helping you on your question today or let me know if you have any further questions..Thanks Bob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
checked hoses and no blockage...how do I take off drain cover on inside of machine to see if there is a blockage
On this unit if you take a flashlight shine it down from the top inside..You will see the filter..Basically a screen..If it is clean then you do not have a blockage..No way for anything to get down in the pump..Most likely you have pump damage or drain hose is blocked under the unit...Either way you will un fortunately need to remove the unit from the cabinet..I have repaired many of these..Not a fun job..That is most likely why the tech told you it was a blockage.
Here is the sump assembly..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here