John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

We have a Fridgidaire Affinity Dryer AEQ7000ES which is 3 years

We have a Fridgidaire Affinity Dryer AEQ7000ES which is 3 years old. Today it started to not work correctly. The dryer started as usual (Normal cycle, high heat setting) but only ran 3-5 minutes and then stopped. The right hand color indicators were blinking and the digital display area (usually has a number for time left) read "Ad". The filter/ duct seem clear. The circuit breakers are not tripped. The clothes are still wet, of course, but did not seem warm at all. I canceled it, and started it again, and same happened. I let it set awhile and tried again, with same process/outcome. What does it sound like is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Either the high limit thermostat, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN or the heat element, part number 407685, has failed. If you go to, and enter your model number, then select those parts from the 'parts type' list, you see photos of the parts, along with the prices.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.