Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

the washing machine squeeks while its filling sound like the

the washing machine squeeks while its filling sound like the agitator may need some geese?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you get us the full model number? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Can you tell me if the agitator is moving while this is filling? I believe this machine will fill with the top up can you watch it and tell me whether the agitator in the center is moving? Thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How old is this machine it sounds like you bought it from somebody and they said the transmission was replaced? It's an older machine I looked at the diagrams and parts on this it could be the agitator coupling is squeaking. Let me look up that part and I'll be back in just a little bit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay this is the coupling, this is in between the transmission and the agitator, if you pull the agitator off this is underneath it on the transmission shaft or sometimes it sticks in the agitator when you pull it off so they could be at the very top of the agitator and the inside so look right down the center of it if you don't see it on the transmission shaft at the top, this part is around $18.00 at the following link, I would replace that if it sounds like it's coming from the agitator area, if it sounds like it's coming from underneath or inside near the bottom it could be that your belt is bad but usually it's the agitator coupling, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan