Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Just replaced water inlet valve, but the new value does not

Just replaced water inlet valve, but the new value does not have the two electrical prongs. Did I use the wrong value (everything is in place)? Or, what should I do with the two wires?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you get me the full model number? I will look this information up for you. Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is a Whirlpool, and I cannot find the model number. Try W10200828A.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
That number does not work sorry, is this a side-by-side refrigerator? If so open the refrigerator door and look on one of the side walls or the ceiling for a model number tag. Also do you have the part number of the valve you received to replace?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is a top load washer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
OH sorry you didn't really mention what kind machine it was, okay open the lid and look straight back this should be a tag in the middle with the model number on it can you see if it's there? If this is a washer it definitely has to plugs I don't know what kind of valve you got but if it doesn't have to connectors essentially four wires then it's definitely the wrong valve can you get me the number of the valve you received ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WTW5200VQ0. I connected the two plugs to the selonoids. But, there are two individual wires that connected to plugs, those two plugs are not on the new valve.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
oh I see this is the valve you have in there now the one you just replaced?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I figured I ordered the wrong part. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay here's a link to the part you need and the part number, the part number is.

Valve, water inlet & thermistor assembly

Manufacturer Number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand here is the link where you can order it, thanks very best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan