Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Ok, I asked about my kenmore gas range,oven and you said it

Customer Question

Ok, I asked about my kenmore gas range,oven and you said it was the timer/clock. I ordered and received the new product and installed it. That evidently was not the problem. It still comes on by itself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

While that makes no sense at all, this only has one electronic control and that's what you replaced. If I recall it was the oven that was coming on by itself is that correct? The only electronic part in and the controls the oven is that clock, did it come with the overlay also? There was a keypad to this one right that plugs into it? It didn't show one so I don't think there was one but please let me know. Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it was the oven. No there was not an overlay. No key pad.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
That's the only part there is that controls the oven, unless you have a melted or burnt wire somewhere that's tripping the clock to go into bake, that's really strange because there's nothing else a controls the oven whatsoever all the power comes from the clock, there must be a short somewhere in the wiring which is not good because that's hard to find, I doubt very much you got a bad clock and it does the same thing is the one you had does, we had that I send you to buy the part? Was it repair clinic?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it was repair clinic.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay the good news is repair clinic will let you return the part so that's good news, they accept returns no questions asked that's why I usually send people there, you will need to find out if there's a short in the wiring however I means tracing all the wires and see if there are any ones that could be melted and touching each other or touching the frame of the range because there really is nothing else that would allow this to light besides the clock unless there's a short, let me know if you can find a short in that, like I said there's nothing else it could be. And even a short is a rare occurrence but it does happen on occasion, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think we found the problem with the oven. It is the thermostatic oven control. It has a single contact with 2 wires. There is a thermo couple on it also.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Is it this ?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
For some strange reason that didn't even show up before, do you need to order this repair clinic has it and give you a link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Thermostat/WB20K8/251863?modelNumber=362.75191891 like I said they will return the other part so at least you will get the money from that part back and it will probably send you the difference and send you the new part with no problem at all. I would keep that in mind check these double because the first, brought that up it didn't come up on that list parts, thanks so much have a great and happy holiday season, Bryan