Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my problem is with my Kitchen aid oven rainge.. the regular

my problem is with my Kitchen aid oven rainge..
the regular over lights and works well.., but the broiler wont light and there is a heave gas smell when first turned on...question is the oven and broiler igniter the same or does it light with a different source..
please help
Henry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Do you know if your igniter is glowing on the broiler?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have checked to see ...Yes i can see the glow in the top part of the oven where the broiler is ,,but no heating up thanks Brian
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay if you can see the igniter glowing but the burner isn't lighting the igniter is bad, these get weak and cannot draw enough amps to open the safety valve, you will need to replace the igniter here is the link to a you can purchase one if you wish, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Hot-Surface-Glow-Bar-Igniter/9782065/910020?modelNumber=KGST307HBT9 or here is the part number if you want to Google it and see if you can find a better price,(NNN) NNN-NNNN, a lot of times you can find these for less money if you search the web, thanks very best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Brian ,,why wasn,t i able to trouble shoot this problem myself,from the guide we get with the bookley they give you when we buy these appliances,,bth book says "trouble shoot" there is no answers for ..say ..this problem.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yeah they don't give you all that information in the book, this is something that happens to these but they don't want you to be working on it so they don't tell you everything about these ranges, but I know for a fact if the igniter is coming on and it's not lighting the igniter is bad, we do a lot of these so trust me when I say it's bad,