Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Model UMV1152BA microwave. It may have an electrical

I have a Model UMV1152BA microwave. It may have an electrical short since every once in a whiile it loses power when the door is being shut. It never stops while it's micro-waving though. Could it be a circuit board that I could replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

One of the micro switches in the door latch assembly is bad, Microwave door interlock switches, 2ea. 15 Amp, 125/250 Volt with 3/16" terminals, working on microwaves can be dangerous because the high-voltage capacitor can store enough voltage to seriously injure or kill you, I'm not trying to scare you just want you to be safe, the switches are only about $18 for two of them, you're much better off calling a service technician in that experience in microwave repair to replace the switches for you however I will give you a link to a you can order them if you wish, here is that link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Micro-Switch/4392027/3459?modelNumber=UMV1152BAB please consider call it technician however, thanks, Bryan