Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Neptune MLE2000AYW that I have had problems

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Neptune MLE2000AYW that I have had problems with the wash cycle stopping before the cycle is completed. It needs to be manually restarted several times to finish a wash. I have replaced the timer motor and key wax motor. I also bought a used control board from ebay and replace the control board. still having the same problem.

Any ideas ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today

when does this stop? At the drain cycle? Just before spin? Does it drain the water out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Stops in every cycle , wash, spin,rinse, ...
I replaced the timer motor thinking that this is a timer issue.
It completes all the cycles withiout any issues. But we have to
push the start button to get it started for cycle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay you replaced the timer and the control board? So every time it goes to a little part of the wash you have to press start again to go to the next cycle part of the cycle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I think we also have to move the dial a little to the next cycle then push start. I am not where the washing machine is. It is at my son's apt.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is this the timer you replaced?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, pat info: 22002452 Genuine Maytag Washer Timer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay, the board you got from eEbay was it a rebuild or just used ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just a used one. I have original board here. I do not see any burned resistors or sign of
damage. The used one looked the same.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
have you tried the old board in this since you put the timer in ? is the door locking and door lock light on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I replace the timer first. Then I replaced the board and the wax key motor.
I am sure the door locks. I am not sure about the light for the door lock.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
try the machine and see if the door lock light comes on and stay on, let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, I need to ask my son to do this. He is a college student and has class this morning.
Is there any other information that you may need from the machine ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
not at this point, have all the info except the door lock light. talk later then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, my son tells me that when the washing machine is working the light is on and when it is not working it is off. At the very end it take a couple of minutes then the light is off.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay so the light keeps going off, this should not go off at all during a full cycle the lock should stay locked and the lock light on during the whole cycle, my guess is the board you got from eBay is bad, I realize you've already spent a lot of money on this machine but normally when that light goes out it has to do with the board, you have changed the wax motor in the door latch assembly from what you said so it should be staying locked however it may be staying locked and there is a problem with the lock switch telling the board that it is no longer locked, that's the little switch the micros witch on the door latch assembly, I would replace that before doing anything else in if that doesn't take care of it and you have a bad control board, there are actually two switches on this one is the micros witch on the lock assembly itself,

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
and the other one is the door switch itself, if either one of these is bad and that's what your problem is,

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
there is no other explanation for it's going on with your machine, I hope this information is helpful, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Brian,

The second one is the dryer switch. Right ?
Do I need to change that too ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Well it all depends on which one is bad, you have to check them with a voltmeter, I assume you have one I'm not sure though, but even with a voltmeter it's hard to tell with these because it may not be happening all the time when you push it in with your finger, it has to be one or the other though, maybe replacing both is the best way to make sure, I know you have spent a lot of money on this machine already and I'm sorry to hear that but I think replacing both is the way to go just to be sure. Thanks, Bryan