Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a whirlpool water cooler and recently it has been freezing

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool water cooler and recently it has been freezing up not allowing water to be released from the spout. Can this be repaired
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Yes this can be repaired but it will be costly, The problem here is the thermostat has failed, The thermostat will cost around $40 then you have to basically break the machine down to get to the thermostat to replace it, If you were to hire some one to replace the thermostat you would be paying around $160 for parts and labor. Unfortunately when these water dispensers go wrong it's better to replace then repair since they only cost around $120 new :(

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave feedback until we are completely finished,this is a process, you may want to come back later and I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
I notice this question is still open, Do you need any additional help regarding this problem?

Thanks!