Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator model # XXXXX

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX I have started to get accummulation of frostnon the ice maker bin and the shute where the shute where the ice is dispensed. I have tried to melt it with a hairdryer and then it is ok for a few days and it starts again.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Usually this is an indication that your flap is not shutting tightly, the flap that opens and lets the ice out, make sure this is shutting tightly. You could take a flashlight and shine it down the chute and look to see if you can see light coming through it, if so it's not shutting tightly if that's the case most likely your problem is going to be the solenoid that opens the flap, they get rusted and don't allow it shut fully, this is most likely your problem we see this every day, here is a link to the part and a video to tell you how to take it apart so you can check these things, it's not a very difficult job and you can do this by yourself, here's the link, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could you please give me the exact name and number of the part needed

Sure I'm sorry I had been out and just got back, if the, Dispenser Solenoid, part number

WR62X10055, sorry to get back to you so late I had to go out my mom's in the hospital and I just got back, thanks and best wishes, Bryan