Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a propane stove top in our home with an electric starter.

We have a propane stove top in our home with an electric starter. One of the starters has started clicking and sparking. What can we do to stop it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay so this is a freestanding range? This should be a model number inside the drawer in the bottom if there is a drawer, can you look there and see if it's there? Also have you cleaned the top of this with any liquid that may have gotten down into the burner switch assembly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is not a free standing range. It is a counter top range. And, No, I haven't used any liquids to clean it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay so this is the cook top in the counter. You would need to look underneath for a model number for that and you have not cleaned this so that can't be the issue. Does it light if you put a match to it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It does light when we put a match to it, but now, all of the burners are doing the same thing.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay have all the burners are doing it now you need to replace the spark module that is the problem, unfortunately this can be a real big job on these depending on if it's under the top or not but your model number doesn't seem to come up so I can't tell for sure, can you recheck the model number and make sure that all the numbers are correct? If I can get the correct model number I can probably get diagrams for you and let you know whether you would be able to do this yourself or if you need to call a technician in to do it. Thanks, Bryan