Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We were running our dishwasher, model number GLD5860L0055,

We were running our dishwasher, model number GLD5860L0055, and heard dishes clang so we opened the door (without pushing any buttons). We fixed the dishes and then closed the door and the machine would not start. Instead lights were flashing and it beeped overy few minutes. I shut off the power for quite some time and turned it on and still no change.

I tried everything in the operating manual, but it does not cover this type of event. How do I reset the machine so it will run?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

All the lights are flashing at once? You have no control at all on this? What I mean is you cannot set a cycle?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The machine had originally been set to run as follows:

Normal Wash

Heated Dry

Hot Wash

Hot Start.

These are the lights that are now flashing at the same time.

You are correct that I have no control. I can't set a cycle. I can't set anything. The lights keep flashing and the beep keeps beebing.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
This is an extremely common problem on these machines, the control boards in these fail, unfortunately there is no reset for this one the only fix you have for is to order and replace the control, these have been a big problem and I even do a lot of these on the road, his a link where you can order the control, unfortunately it's the only fix for your machine, thanks and best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What causes the control board to fail? was it the fact that we opened the door while it was running?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Yes it could be as simple as just opening the door while it's running but it could also just be a coincidence these boards fail constantly, electronics their terrible and machines but every machine has and nowadays so does not much you can do about it, these have a computer-chip and him that fails, you can't just change the computer-chip unfortunately though it's like when you computer crashes, but there's no buttons you can reset this with, the buttons are unresponsive because the board has failed, I wish I had better news but unfortunately we replace far too many of these, thanks and best wishes, Bryan