Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an insinkerator instahot dispenser installed at my kitchen

I have an insinkerator instahot dispenser installed at my kitchen sink and the spiggot has started leaking where the filter screen screws onto the end of the spout. I removed the end piece and noticed four holes under the end piece where the water seems to be coming out. The leaking has just started about a week ago. I have never changed the fliter that is included with the instahot system. Would that somehow be the cause? Water flow out of the spiggot has not decreased.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Yes this can be the cause if you never changed the filters, the filters get clogged up after a while and the back pressure makes them leak, the rubber seals on the filters themselves cannot hold up against the pressure when the filter is clogged, replace your filters you should be all set. Thanks, Bryan