Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a very old convertible dishwasher (GSC-402-06) that

I have a very old convertible dishwasher (GSC-402-06) that needs to have the fill and empty hoses replaced. I was able to buy suitable replacement hoses with the unicoupler but I have no idea how to replace these hoses. Can you provide instructions for this ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not recieved an answer yet. If I do not receive a suitable answer soon (by 12/16/11), please cancel my request and refund the $30 you have already deducted from my account. My understanding was that you would not charge me the $30 until I received an answer that resolved my problem. So far I have paid for nothing. Please resolve this situation with the instrucutions I requested of an immediate refund!
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is this what you need to replace?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. That is the part that I purchased at a local parts store. I took the wood cutting board top off the dishwasher but the hoses connect somewhere down in the side and I have not idea how to repalce them. I hope you can help me. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay let me take a look at the diagrams give me a minute, and I'll be back shortly please try to stay on line well I look this up, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay the hose itself one part goes down to the bottom to the fill funnel part number 1201 and it is near part number 1204 the picture I'm going to give you a the back panel should be removable on this according to the diagrams there very vague this is an older machine so it's difficult to see and they are all different, number 25 is the back panel, have you kept this back to look underneath to see where the hose connects? Here's the diagram of the whole assembly this is a real tough one but the panel's come off of these there are screws to take the panel is off to get at some of the parts depending on which is working on, his a diagram. The drain hose part the part without the end on it connected to anything just rubber hose goes to the pump the pump is in this diagram and it is underneath, it connects right where number 556 and number 790 are on the diagram you will see a clamp holding the old one on remove that and put the new hose onto that section now you have to feed this up through the back into that part that came with the hose assembly the plastic part that it drops down into all these pieces have to come off in order the put this hose in so the back panel deftly has to come off and you will probably need to tip this onto it's side or back to get the hose off the bottom pump then you feed the new one down to the back in underneath and reconnect it, it's kinda difficult job, and is very vague on the diagrams on your model that's about as good as I can do for you, I hope this information is useful though let me know, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.