Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My GE Triton Dishwasher is not draining after the wash cycle.

My GE Triton Dishwasher is not draining after the wash cycle. What should I do, is this something I can fix or do I need to call an Appliance Technician to fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Does this drain at all and just leave some water or is it not draining completely? Can you take the hose off under the sink and put it in a bucket and try to see if any water comes out all? Also do you have the full model number? It will be inside the machine on one of the side walls, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It leaves a lot of water.

Yes, I can access the hose under the sink and put in a bucket.

I looked for the model number on the side door, not finding it. One side is clearly visible and the other is obstructed somewhat by the wall. I'll try to find it while I do the hose.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay will be on the door itself it will be on the inside of the machine on one of the side walls usually can you check there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Found the model number GSD5860G0SS

Unhooked the hose under the sink, and a small amount of water trickled into the bucket.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay in this model is a separate drain pump, it's underneath in it's in the back so it's kinda hard to get to you may have to pull the machine out and check it, if there is no blockage in the pump you will need to replace the pump, here is a link where you can order it if you wish, I'm not sure if you gonna be able to get to this without pull of the machine however, but it's definitely in the pump whether it's something blocking it or the pump itself has failed. Hope this helps, thanks, Bryan