Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Amana ARB 2107 refrigerator on top/freezer on bottom.

I have an Amana ARB 2107 refrigerator on top/freezer on bottom. The contents of the produce drawers in the fridge started freezing solid as well as the first shelf. I ordered a thermostat part 759308 to replace. Now I have this part and am not sure how to proceed. Is this the issue? If so, how do I replace it?

Thanks,
Steve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Good afternoon Steve, you are trying to replace the cold control I believe is that correct? This part here,

if so let me know I will try to get you some diagrams in an explanation on how to do this, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bryan,

The part that I purchased looks sort of like that. Did I order the wrong part?

Steve

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve, do you have the part number of the one you bought? I can cross-reference it, also where did you purchase the part?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

759308 Thermostat

Ordered from Appliance Zone.com

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is it this one ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes! That is the one. Will this solve the problem? If so, how do I install it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately this is probably not your issue, that is the freezer cold control that you have if the refrigerator is freezing things most likely at your damper control that's causing this has its own thermostat on it, his the picture of that, the one you have is for the freezer I believe I'm looking at the diagrams but they are shown the damper control which is what lets the cold air from the freezer go into the refrigerator section and when the refrigerator gets to the right temperature it shuts the damper so it doesn't freeze things, the damper is number 261 on this diagram and it's in the refrigerator section, this is most likely your issue if you wish to order that here is the link, this was pretty easy to install there's just a cover over it as you can see number 321, I hope you can return the other part it looks like that may have been expensive, or install it if you wish that what you're on the safe side but the part I'm showing you now is the one that controls the air flow to the refrigerator, here is a link where you can order that if you wish, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Amana-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/R0161050/0046/464/Model-ARB2107ABPARB2107AB0/1268/0161000?keySuffixId=NA& ;pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0503230&diagramPageId=00003&productTypeId=0161000&searchModelNumber=ARB2107ABPARB2107AB0&subCompDesc=Controls%20&%20light%20covers&brandDesc=AMANA&modelDesc=BOTTOM-MOUNT-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11 I hope information is useful, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.