Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My GE microwave (2002) mod # XXXXX 1650BB008 quit working altogether.

My GE microwave (2002) mod # XXXXX 1650BB008 quit working altogether. No lights, no agitation, nothing. There is power at the receptacle. Is it done, or is there a possible inexpensive fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

If this microwave is completely dead no lights inside or out you have blown the internal in-line fuse, this fuse is located behind the control panel and needs to be ordered and replaced, in most cases if you have a Lowe's near you they carry the fuses just bring it with you, if by chance they don't have it you can order it on line at the following link, the fuse runs around five dollars so it's inexpensive, I hope this helps, thanks and very best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do I remove the control panel?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
First make sure the microwave is unplugged, you need to remove the grill across the top. Number 111 on this diagram,remove the screws marked number 71 and there will be a screw holding the control panel, take that out and slide the control panel up. It has hooks that hold it in you don't want to break those so slide it up and then it will hinge forward from the top , you should be able to get to the fuse once you get that open, the fuse holder is part number 46 on the diagram and the fuse is number 47, thanks, Bryan