Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

what would cause a Maytag washer to leak underneath it mod

what would cause a Maytag washer to leak underneath it mod #A8120 ser # XXXXX THIS JUST HAPPENED ALL OF A SUDDEN OR WE JUST NOTICED IT I'M NOT SURE HOW LONG IT HAS BENN LEAKING
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay a vast majority of time and after looking at your model the most common reason for a water leak is the water pump itself has gone bad. Do you wish to continue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i would like to continue
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay first thing to do is to remove the front of the washer. Do this by removing the 2 screws, one on the left and one on the right, at the bottom of the front of the washer. Then push down on the front a bit and take off the front. This will give us access to the insides of your washer. Let me know when you are ready to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok front pannel is off. george
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

Okay George, now do you see the drain pump? It is white and has a pulley and belt connected to it body. Go ahead and start the washer and carefully look for leaks. Check all areas and pay particular attention to the pump. Let it wash for 5 minutes to look for leaks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok will do george
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
I will be waiting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it looks like the water inlet solenoid is leaking up in the upper left hand side as i am looking into washer from the front
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

Okay, are you talking from the water valve? I am sending you a picture to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what i'm looking at is where the water goes in to the washer tub a black hose comes from the solenoid you are showing and goes to a white junction box and an other black hose goes to the washer in to the tub from this white juction box. george
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay so is it leaking from the solenoid I am showing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well i could not see to well but it was leaking alot from the white juction box also in side this box was about a two inch black rubber with a flange on it and it was open on top with what look like vents of somekind. george
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I am going to send you a pic and let me know by number where it looks like it is leaking from. I think we are talking about #11.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes that's the part that seems to be leaking. george
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

Okay, you are going to need to replace the assembly for this fill tube injector. It will contain all the parts that make up the fill assembly injector. On the diagram I sent you the part that needs to be replaced is #20. I am sending you a pic to show you what the assembly looks like. Great job and I am here for further assistance. Thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

Main Product View

Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.