Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

ge refridgerator model number tbxspgrad when you raise setting

ge refridgerator model number tbxspgrad when you raise setting from 3to4 the refrigerator freezes everything in refridgerator and drips water from freezer into refridgerator. what is wrong ? also the tube that goes into drip pan is in a u shape is this correct?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is everything in refrigerator freezing? Your milk anything that's in the refrigerator section is that right? If so you need to replace your cold control, this is what controls temperature in the refrigerator section, as far as the dripping of water when this goes into defrost there is a defrost drain that is clogged either with is or something else, you need to clear that too, to do that you will need remove the back panel inside the freezer section behind the food and at the very bottom of the silver coils in the center there is a drain hole that is frozen, boil some water and pour it over the frozen hole until the water drains freely into the pan below the refrigerator, you can order the temperature control at the following link if you wish, this will take care of both issues if you do what I explained, I hope this helps, thanks and have a great holiday season, Bryan