Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a microwave ovev, model 1142AAW. Does the unit need

I have a microwave ovev, model 1142AAW. Does the unit need to be pulled out to replace an internal fuse?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Actually no it does not you can change the fuse without taking the microwave down. The fuse is located right behind the control panel number 16 on this diagram, if you remove the screws holding the top grill along the top of the door they going from the top you can remove the grill, number five on this diagram, then you can get at the screws to remove the control panel, this should be a screw holding the control panel on underneath that grill, once the screws removed you slide the control panel up and tilted forward, be extremely careful however working inside a microwave can be dangerous the high-voltage capacitor can store enough voltage to shock you really good or kill you even so be extremely careful, Lowe's carries these fuses so if you pull the old one out you can go to Lowe's and they will match up the fuse for you, hope this information is useful, thanks, Bryan