Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a GE Profile refrigerator, Model No. PFS22SISBSS, 5

We have a GE Profile refrigerator, Model No. PFS22SISBSS, 5 years old. We had a long power outage here in Pasadena, CA, for probably 10 hours. There has been power, now, for 4 hours, but the refrigerator is not cooling in either top or bottom. On the controls, the freezer temp. reads -47 and the refrig temp. reads -43 and I am unable to set the proper temperature using colder or warmer pads.

There is a ticking sound like a clock, and frequent clicks as if the refrigerator is trying to turn on, but nothing happens. How can I get it working again?

Thanks for your help.
Bill Craig
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Good afternoon Bill, well obviously not to good for you I'm sorry to hear, when the power went out there was probably a spike or a power surge find when he came back on in it is blown your main power board in the refrigerator, this is very common and that's the clicking you hear in the back it's the board relays trying to start the fans and compressor and all the other functions on the refrigerator, this is the board, these are extremely vulnerable to power outages and power spikes, in fact GE has had to redesigned these boards four times because of failures this board is located on the back of your refrigerator behind an 8 x 10" cover, if you pull a refrigerator away from the wall you will see this cover, you need to order and replace this board, the part number of the board is, WR55X10942 in case you have a local supply house still open in your area they will have this board these are very popular boards in every supply house carries them, if you cannot purchase one at a warehouse near you can order one on line at the following link, this will take care of your issue, thanks and very best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan