Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

whirlpool quiet partner 2 du1100xtpqb mulitpule leds constently

whirlpool quiet partner 2 du1100xtpqb
mulitpule leds constently flashing. rest circuit breaker.
under the cycle selection, only "light" continualy flashes.
took off door and panel to expose circuit board.
any test with a mulit meter to see if key pad is bad or board is?
or is the single light indicating another issue?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you count the flashes, does it link seven times, then repeat?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
already tried normal-heated dry sequence. now "normal" and "light" cycles rapidly flashing alternating one another continulesly
Unfortunately you cannot test the keypads on these without a special keypad tester, you can't test it with just a meter, if the keypad is responding correctly when you push the button it beeps each button beeps then it's gonna be the control board, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10084142/1447092?modelNumber=DU1100XTPQB I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the key pad is not responding properly. is it due to key pad or board? The buttons do not beep.

Am I to also under that the single flashing LED on the "light cycle" does not indaciate anything?

I'm looking at the tech sheets on this and don't see light cycle key flashing indicator in the trouble codes, and since your keypad is not responding it's difficult to say have you open up the door yet and unplugged the keypad ribbon from the board and spray them down with contact cleaner yet and plug it back in to see if it works, sometimes these get dirty from the steamy air from the dishwasher, you can get spray contact cleaner at Lowe's or RadioShack and clean them put it back together and see if it works a lot of times you have a bad connection on your ribbon, try that let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

cleaned them, reset circuitbreaker, light cycle again flashing. only buttons that responded cancle and normal cycle, which both are now flashing.

So looking to see what is the smarter purchase from your exprience.

circut board or key pad assembly?

...... and the website you recomended do the accept returns if it is only one issue and not both?

Is their any other trouble shooting ideas to narrow down the choice?

-thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

let me know so i hit the "accept answer" button for you.

-Chase

sorry Chase had to go out and check on my Mother, okay really if it not responding to any other buttons its most likely the board like I said, theres no keypad test you can do if it doesn't respond anyway, I would change the board. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

Thank you. Your guidence helped me. I appericate your input and responding to all the questions i felt nessasary to make a course of action. with thanks.-Chase

hope your mother is doning good.

She doing fine thank you. 86 years old I need to keep an eye on her though. have a great day ! thanks , Bryan