Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello. I have a Kenmore double oven. When Im trying to use

Hello. I have a Kenmore double oven. When I'm trying to use both ovens, I keep getting an F 4 error that shuts off both ovens. What does this error mean?
Thank you, Heidie

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

This model number is XXXXX can you see if you can get me the entire model number. Will start with a three digit prefix like 110. 106. 665. Or some other three digit combo, this will tell me the manufacturer of the oven, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

looks like(NNN) NNN-NNNNor 91L?

I would think it would be(NNN) NNN-NNNNI don't already Kenmore models and start with a 011. But that number doesn't show up either would be a 911? 911 comes up as an oven.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
911 could be. It has scratches on it so, it's hard to read but 911 makes since.
Okay the floor code is a temperature sensor probe problem going to the readout on the codes,
F4Shorted oven temperature sensor circuitVerify the oven temperature sensor wiring harness is OK, if so, replace the oven temperature sensor.

Does is not do this when you use one oven at a time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just tried the bottom oven only and it gave the F 4 error. The top oven has never done this to me.
Okay super, you need to replace the probe in the bottom oven, it's called the oven temperature sensor, you will see this sticking out of the back wall, here is a link where you can order the part, there will be two screws holding it to the back wall and then you have to feed the wire through the hole and get the plug through so you can unplug it and plug the new one in, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX holidays, Bryan