Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a refrigerator with freezer on the bottom , model #

I have a refrigerator with freezer on the bottom , model # XXXXX**.
the er /dh message is shown, and the refrigerator is not cold, but the freezer is cold.
I have vacuumed the area under the refer and cleaned out the inside, it is now empty,and nothing is blocking the vents. could I have a fan that is not working, and can I fix this myself.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is the fan inside the freezer running? when you open the freezer door do you see any Frost on the back panel behind your food? check real good and let me know. Thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan, thanks for your help. there is no frost in the freezer area, and the fan is running, is there only one fan?.
Yes this is only showing one evaporator fan which is the one you hear running so that's not the issue, he said freezes running correctly? Do you know the temperature inside the freezer? You feel any air flow coming into the refrigerator section from the bottom? This is most likely a damper issue, the damper is what opens and closes to let the airflow from the freezer into the refrigerator section, if this doesn't open or close the refrigerator will either be too warm or will freeze things in the refrigerator. If you have no Frost in the freezer section than the damper is the issue this is electronic damper in that opens and closes electronically, this is the damper it runs up the back of the middle inside the refrigerator section, you need to take this off and take a look at it could be frozen or if it is not frozen need to replace the damper assembly, it's part number 120A on this diagram, here is a link where you can order the part if you wish, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/LG-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/5209JJ1009A/0046/795/ Model-LRFC21755ST/3204/0161000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=Z1008256&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=LRFC21755ST&subCompDesc=Case%20parts&brandDesc=LG&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR-BOTTOM-MOUNT&blt=11 thanks and best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan