Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Sharp Carousel Microwave Oven just stopped working. I

Customer Question

Our Sharp Carousel Microwave Oven just stopped working. I started the microwave to heat an item, when I came back to check on it, the Microwave was dead, no lights, no power going to it. I did check the plug and the breaker to be sure there was power. I also tried a different plug. No Luck.

My question: Is there a fuse or a reset button I need to check ? Or is it time for a new Microwave?

Model R-1440 about 17 years old. Never a problem untill now. We would like it working for the Holidays.

Thank you for your time

Sally & Doug Finan
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is not a reset in the microwave but there is a fuse behind the control panel area. Below is a link to the fuse you're looking for.

CLICK HERE

Unfortunately to access the fuse you will need to completely uninstall the microwave and remove all the screws going into the outer shell of the microwave. The outer shell will then pull straight back, up, and off so that you can access the fuse.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I be sure it is the fuse ? Or just to old ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
If you have a multimeter, you can check continuity on the fuse when you remove the old fuse---that's about the only way to know for sure.