Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Get code F_1 on HE2 washer during cycle and washer stops.

Get code F_1 on HE2 washer during cycle and washer stops. Pushing STOP button allows it to continue but clothes come out much too wet. Any ideas of cause?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F1 is a very bad error on this HE2 kenmore washer. It means that the main control board under the top panel in the front right corner has an internal short. There really isn't anything you can do but to order and replace this control board in order to fix the issue. The part is normally about $150 or so.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that part is not listed in my parts list. Will sears be able to lacate it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
yes definitely. If you give me the full model number I can even look it up for you. The model is on a sticker just inside the door way and starts with a 110 . XXXXXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model is 110.47532600. How complex is it to replace. I am reasonalbly expert in both electiral and mechanical repair.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
It's very easy to replace, it literally takes about 15 - 20 minutes. The part number you need is W10205849 and below is a link to the part to order.