Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hi. I have a Whirlpool Accubake stove Model GFG464LVS 2, Seriel

Hi. I have a Whirlpool Accubake stove Model GFG464LVS 2, Seriel R02910626, purchased in September 2010. Several months ago the oven stopped working. Specifically, when the oven is turned on it will only preheat to 120 degrees and then shuts off. The stove top burners all appear to working properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The problem here is likely the oven sensor, To check this pull the unit out from the wall, take the lower panel off in the rear. Disconnect the sensor from the wire harness then test it with a ohm meter. It should read around 1080 ohms at room temp. If the sensor does not read 1080 ohms at room temp then it is bad and will need to be replaced.

If the sensor does read around 1080 ohms at room temp then the control board is bad (also called the clock or ERC) In this case the control will need to be replaced.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave feedback until we are completely finished,this is a process, you may want to come back later and I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have an approximation on cost of oven sensor and control board? Do you think this is something an average person can handle repairing?
The sensor is around $50 and the control is around $150.

This is fairly easy a repair, if the control then you would pull the unit out from the wall and take the panel off at the rear of the control panel. Once the panel is off it's just a matter of a few screws and swapping wires from old to new control.

If the sensor open the oven door, take the screws out holding the sensor in place, Carefully pull the sensor out then disconnect it from the wire harness. The new sensor installs in reverse order.

If you decide this is not for you then add $100 to the price of the part depending on region for the repair to be done by a tech.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much for the very helpful information. I am going to try this myself as your assistance has given me confidence! It may be several weeks until I can attempt this and I'm hoping it will still be ok to ask questions then, if needed. Thank you again, you were so very helpful.
You can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am back for additional assistance! We think it is the sensor. Do you know where we can purchase one
If it is not the sensor, do you know where we can purchase a control board?