Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The washing machine of my LSG7806AAE combo unit has stopped

The washing machine of my LSG7806AAE combo unit has stopped working. The problem is related to the Drive Motor not working during the Agitate and Spin Cycle. I found a blown 2A fuse between the Water Valve and Pressure Switch - Once I replaced it, the unit seems to fill with water correctly, but once the correct water level is reached, the drive motor does not engage. I'm able to turn the belts and nothing is bound up. Can you help with further isolation of the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This fuse goes bad not because of the motor but because the lid/out of balance switch assembly is going bad. When this assembly goes bad it stops the washer from spinning or washing because it cuts power to the motor. You just need to replace the out of balance switch behind the tub under the top panel of the washer to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you need to order.

Good luck to you, the part is not easy to access at all on these stackable units.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I see this is still open, is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I removed the lid and located/removed the switch device that your refering to. my assembly has 2 micro switches and from physical inspection, the "lid check" switch appears to be bad, the spring action on the plastic plunger is broke.

There is no fuse located on the assy. My assy only has 4 wires to the molex type connector - Red, White, Pink, and Black.

Will the new assy work on my machine?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
yes it will. The fuse isn't actually inside the switch assembly, they just give you a fuse on the side because they know the fuse goes bad when this switch goes bad.

Also, this switch assembly I linked to you was looked up specifically by your model number so it will definitely work. Below is a link to the part again.