gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

PartSelect User: my model number dosnt come up in any serches

Customer Question

PartSelect User: my model number dosnt come up in any serches it is a sears kenmore 596.66122700 with na lower freezer
Submitted: 2 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi,i was able to pull up info with your model number.how can i help you ?

Customer :

ya so I want to trouble shoot and fix this my self as repairman told my wife it would be a 1000.$ I think he is on glue

gst85 :

ok sure,will try my best to help you

gst85 :

can you tell me if the compressor is running?

Customer :

hmm how is that determined?

gst85 :

or what led you to believe that the compressor is the issue here

Customer :

while I was at work a guy came in and looked and said it was the compressor I think there are other factors that may keept from running so here \I am

gst85 :

ok is the fridge not cooling or just not cold enough?

Customer :

the fridge lights are the only thing working

Customer :

its only three years old

gst85 :

okay,can you go around the back of the fridge to feel if the compressor is running ?

Customer :

what should it feel like when running?

gst85 :

you will feel it vibrating lightly and will fee warm.

Customer :

ok just a sec we have everything turned off...

gst85 :

ok sure,take your time.

Customer :

ok it has a slight vibration to it and its not warm yet as I just turned it on

gst85 :

ok so kicked in as soon as you plugged it in correct?

Customer :

well as soon as I turned on the switch which is in the freezer compartment ifelt ti start to spin /vibrate

gst85 :

ok do you hear a click sounds coming from the compressor ?

Customer :

no

gst85 :

ok open the freezer you should hear the fan running

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i do hear bthe fan

gst85 :

ok so it would appear that everything is running .now can you go back to the compressor there is a copper line and a black line which is going to be medal.can you verify that please?

Customer :

theres actual 3 pipes comming off the comp. one is dead ended and then there are two uthers

gst85 :

ok can you see a black line.which would be just a bit thinner than the copper lines

Customer :

all of the pipes come off the compressor are black the thinist one ties into copper 4inches from the comp??

Customer :

there is a cooling grate that is at the bottom supply and return i suspect

gst85 :

ok can you feel if one is warm?

gst85 :

that would be the condensor

Customer :

whithe top of the comp is 29C and both the other pipes are 22C

gst85 :

ok has the compressor shut off or made a click sound as we speak

Customer :

Hey Juan I have to go to work if I leave will I loose my cash or can we continue when I get back........ no click or sound as yet

gst85 :

ok what the problem is most likely to be is a sealed system issue ,basically the system needs to be serviced

gst85 :

if you have no further questions pressing accept is how i get paid.

gst85 :

you can come back to this page with no extra charge

gst85 :

incase you may have any other questions about this porblem tnat you have

Customer :

what so I have to leave it open and hope I dont loose my internet connection?

gst85 :

you can save and exit if youd like

Customer :

what do you mean by a sealed system meaning a leak in one of the pipes?

gst85 :

correct your compressor is fine just need to be charged

Customer :

can corrosion eat through copper

gst85 :

you dont have a compressor problem

gst85 :

no

Customer :

ok Ill be back in 11 hours and we will sort this out ......

Customer :

why

gst85 :

ok

gst85 :

have a great day